In partnership with the Transfer Student Center, the Transfer Community provides a supportive living-learning environment that helps transfer students transition to life at University of Arizona. Members of this community will be a part of a space that recognizes their needs, and that the needs of transfer students vary greatly from the needs and interests of incoming freshmen. Students living in this community will live with others who are on a similar transitional journey, and residents will be connected with the academic programming, resources, a communityof students, and faculty needed to thrive.
Benefits of the Transfer Community
- Live with others who are also new to University of Arizona and are adjusting to campus
- Participate in programming focused on the needs of transfer students
- Make friends with others who share common experiences and are on similar journeys
Note: Living in a transfer community is optional, and transfer students can live in any dorm they choose.
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in My UAHome
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
- When you reach the community page in your housing application, indicate your interest in living in the Transfer Community and we will reach out to you.
- If you have a preferred roommate, both you and your roommate must select the Transfer Community option in order to be considered for assignment together.
NOTE: You must have a Housing & Residential Life housing application on file to be considered for this community.
- To be considered for admission into The Transfer Community, given there is enough capacity, you must meet the following-criteria:
- Be a transfer student with at least 12 transfer credits
- Ensure all standard and supplemental questions are answered
- Answers provided must be critical and thoughtful
Participating in Transfer Community
Transfer Community is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: