The Arts District
The College of Fine Arts, in partnership with Housing & Residential Life, strives to support the successful transition of Fine Arts students at the University of Arizona. By creating a dynamic and collaborative residential environment, The Arts District (TAD) theme community will provide a space for the freedom of expression to take to forefront and for students of the arts to optimize growth in leadership, academic success, and networking with artists from diverse backgrounds.
The Arts District theme community is a safe and inclusive space in Manzanita-Mohave Hall where fine arts students can both live and learn with other artists who share similar personal and academic interests and goals. This theme community serves approximately 30 Honors and non-Honors students pursuing fine arts degrees at The University of Arizona. Students are integrated to University life through study groups, access to studio and rehearsal space, peer mentorship and College-student interaction. The ideal student for this program is a motivated in their discipline, has an interest for artistic leadership, and seeks a greater sense of community through creative diversity. Partners provide pathways for students to meet their academic goals, become acquainted with a broad artist and campus community, while fostering personal and professional development for first-time University students.
Benefits of The Arts District Community
- Interact with peer mentors in Fine Arts and experience the artist’s journey
- Develop artistic leadership through creative, diverse, hands-on programming
- Enhance your experience working with Fine Arts faculty and upper-division student mentors
- Receive discounts for UA Presents events, traveling artists, and other campus performances
How to Apply
- Submit the online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Submit Fine Arts application to Fine Arts Major
Note: Students must also be admitted to the College of Fine Arts to the Schools of Art, Dance, Music, or Theatre, Film & Television. Program enrollment will include students from each academic division.
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community
For more information about living in this community, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more program information, contact: