Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge (B.L.A.C.K.)
The Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge (B.L.A.C.K.) theme community provides a comfortable, fun and dynamic space for students interested in spending time giving and receiving support from their peers, and engaging in exploration of the African American experience on campus as well as nationally.
Through a partnership with African American Student Affairs (AASA), students can expect engaged dialogue about a variety of topics, group study sessions, organized opportunities to volunteer in the community, and excursions off-campus. Participants in this community share common interests in excelling academically, exploring the histories and experiences of people of African descent, and a desire to develop their understanding of leadership, and personal identity. Additionally, students who participate in this community have access to a Faculty Fellow from AASA for mentoring and advising, can earn course credit through the AASA Internship Program, and can take advantage of multiple opportunities to build relationships with local and campus community leaders.
Benefits of the B.L.A.C.K. Theme Community
- Receive mentoring, advising, and support for your transition to college life from students who have lived the experience
- Interact with your Faculty Fellow
- Participate in off-campus projects and service-learning experiences within the Tucson community
- Engage in resume-building and professional development programming to enhance career and academic skills
Join the Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge theme community, give your time to building fellowship with other students, and receive the benefits of an awesome cultural leadership experience!
How to Apply
- Submit the online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community
For more information about living in this community, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more program information, contact: