The Outdoor Adventures Leadership theme community in Apache-Santa Cruz Hall is designed for students who share a passion for human-powered outdoor recreation. In partnership with Campus Recreation, this interactive and fun-filled community residents will participate in a variety of outdoor trips, such as camping, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, and canyoneering. There will be numerous opportunities to explore the incredible wilderness areas of southern Arizona and the American southwest, both through trips provided by the University of Arizona Outdoor Adventures program and on informal trips planned and run by residents of the community. Through these adventure activities, residents will develop leadership abilities, technical skills, and close friendships with their peers. No previous experience is necessary; only a desire to participate, learn, and grow!
Benefits of the Outdoor Adventures Wing
- Semester kick-off camping trip with all the community’s residents
- One-day and weekend-long outdoor trips provided by Outdoor Adventures (transportation, equipment, instruction, and food all included!)
- Outdoor skills workshops on topics such as Leave No Trace, fire building, trip planning, outdoor cooking, camp stove repair, etc.
- Additional outdoor equipment storage space in the hall
- Access to a library of outdoor resources, such as books, movies, and maps
- Community trip to the University of Arizona high ropes course
- Opportunities to participate in the Outdoor Leadership Training program
Read More: UA Outdoor Adventures Program Ranked 13th (UA News, May 27, 2016)
NOTE: This community will require an additional $300 fee to cover program costs. More information will be available once the application process is determined.
How to Apply
- Submit an online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until spaces are full.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community.
For more information about living in this community, email email@example.com.
For more program information, contact: