Start Out with Something in Common!
Want to live with students who share similar interests and goals? Join a theme community! Theme communities center around an academic focus area and bring students who share personal interests or passions together. Livng in a theme community, you will be able to access resources and opportunities focused around your area of interest.
To be eligible to live in a University of Arizona theme community, submit your housing application. The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens on January 1. Space is limited.
Students admitted to the University of Arizona Honors College are eligible to live in one of two Honors dorms (Árbol de La Vida or Yuma). Honors students are not required to live in the Honors dorms. You will select an honors dorm when you pick a dorm to live in, based on availability.
- Blue Chip Leadership Community - Pima
- Building Leaders and Creating Knowledge Community - Yavapai
- Casa Ollin - Coconino
- Cambium: STEM Scholars Community - Árbol de la Vida
- Engineering Leadership Community - Gila
- Health Sciences Community - Graham-Greenlee
- Living Well Community - Apache-Santa Cruz
- ROTC Community - Cochise
- O'odham Ki: Community - Kaibab-Huachuca
- Outdoor Adventures Community - Apache-Santa Cruz
- PACE Communities - Colonia de la Paz, Coronado & Manzanita-Mohave
- Social Justice Community - Pima
- The Arts District (TAD) Community - Manzanita-Mohave
- Transfer Community - Kaibab-Huachuca
You can reassign to a theme community if there is space available.
Yes, as long as the theme community application is still available to you in your housing application (opens in January). Just click on the theme community tab at the top of your application, choose the theme community you want to live in and complete the application. If you are accepted to the theme community, we will reassign you.
If you have been accepted to a theme community, only available rooms in the theme community will be available to you when you go to choose a room. Just go to your housing application and follow the instructions to choose your room.
Only students accepted to a theme community are permitted to live in that theme community. When you access the roommate request process, you will only be able to request another student as a roommate if that person has also been accepted to the same theme community. You have two options:
- The person you want as a roommate can, if eligible, apply for the theme community as well. If accepted, you would then be able to request that person as a roommate in the theme community.
- If the person you want as a roommate is not eligible for and/or not accepted to the theme community and you would rather live with that person instead of living in the theme community, you will need to cancel your theme community application.
Please contact Housing Assignment Services at (520) 621-6501 and they will help you.