Live in an environment that celebrates and explores Asian Pacific Islander Desi American students' cultural identities. The APIDA Scholars Theme Community is an opportunity to transition to college among other first-year students who want to incorporate Asian Pacific Islander Desi cultural knowledge and experiences with academic support and mentorship.
Through a partnership with Asian Pacific American Student Affairs (AASA), students can expect workshops, group study sessions, organized opportunities to volunteer in the community, and other special events. Any student who is interested in developing an increased awareness of Asian Pacific Islander Desi experiences in a cross-cultural setting are encouraged to apply for this theme community.
Benefits of the APIDA Scholars Theme Community
- Receive guidance and mentorship for your transition into college surrounded by other students who have a strong interest or connection to APIDA culture, identity, and history
- Engage in resume-building/professional development programming, as well as networking opportunities to enhance career and academic skills
- Connect with APASA Center staff for specialized support, including tutoring and social activities
- Be engaged to think about identity—past, present, and future—to help develop an understanding of purpose and mission here at the UA and beyond
- Make new friends and be guided toward success
- Located in Yavapai
How to Apply
- Submit an online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community. For more information about the Housing application, email email@example.com.
Participating in APIDA Scholars Theme Community
APIDA Scholars is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: