The Arts District
Through a dynamic and collaborative residential environment, The Arts District (TAD) Theme Community provides a space for students interested in the arts to optimize growth in leadership, academic success, and networking with artists from diverse backgrounds. This community supports the successful transition into college of first-year students through a safe and inclusive living-learning community. Students are integrated to University life through study groups, access to studio and rehearsal space, peer mentorship, and College-student interaction. The ideal student for this program is motivated in their discipline, has an interest for artistic leadership, and seeks a greater sense of community through creative diversity.
Benefits of The Arts District Theme Community
- Receive discounts for UA Presents events, traveling artists, and other campus performances
- Interact with peer mentors in Fine Arts and experience the artist’s journey
- Live with artists who share similar personal and academic interests and goals
- Develop artistic leadership through creative, diverse, hands-on programming
- Enhance your experience working with Fine Arts faculty and upper-division student mentors
- Located in Manzanita-Mohave
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in MyUAHome.
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community.
Priority for acceptance into this theme community will go to students admitted to one of the four professional schools within the College of Fine Arts: School of Art, School of Dance, Fred Fox School of Music, or the School of Theatre, Film and Television.
For more information about living in this community, email email@example.com.
Participating in The Arts District Theme Community
TAD is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: