The Outdoor Adventures Theme Community is designed for students who share a passion for human-powered outdoor recreation. In partnership with Campus Recreation, this interactive and fun-filled community will participate in a variety of outdoor trips, such as camping, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, canoeing, and canyoneering. There will be numerous opportunities to explore the incredible wilderness areas of southern Arizona and the American Southwest, both through trips provided by the UA Outdoor Adventures program and on informal trips planned and run by residents of the community. Through these adventure activities, residents will develop leadership abilities, technical skills, and close friendships with their peers. No previous experience is necessary; only a desire to participate, learn, and grow!
Benefits of the Outdoor Adventures Theme Community
- Semester kick-off camping trip with all the community’s residents
- One-day and weekend-long outdoor trips provided by Outdoor Adventures (transportation, equipment, instruction, and food all included!)
- Outdoor skills workshops on topics such as Leave No Trace, fire building, trip planning, outdoor cooking, camp-stove repair, etc.
- Additional outdoor equipment storage space in the hall
- Access to a library of outdoor resources, such as books, movies, and maps
- Community trip to the University of Arizona high ropes course
- Opportunities to participate in the Outdoor Leadership Training program
- Located in Apache-Santa Cruz
Read More: UA Outdoor Adventures Program Ranked 13th (UA News, May 27, 2016)
NOTE: This community will require an additional $300 fee to cover program costs. Payment to Outdoor Rec is expected when accepted into theme community, and is required to participate in any trips. More information will be available once the application process is determined.