In partnership with the Transfer Student Center, the Transfer Theme Community provides a supportive living-learning environment that helps transfer students transition to life at University of Arizona. Members of this community will be a part of a space that recognizes their needs, and that the needs of transfer students vary greatly from the needs and interests of incoming freshmen. Students living in this community will live with others who are on a similar transitional journey, and residents will be connected with the academic programming, resources, a communityof students, and faculty needed to thrive.
Benefits of the Transfer Theme Community
- Live with others who are also new to University of Arizona and are adjusting to campus
- Participate in programming focused on the needs of transfer students
- Interact with your community’s Faculty Fellow directly from your dorm building
- Make friends with others who share common experiences and are on similar journeys
- Located in Kaibab-Huachuca
Note: Living in a transfer community is optional, and transfer students can live in any dorm they choose.
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in MyUAHome.
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee.
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
- When you reach the theme community page in your housing application, indicate your interest in living in the Transfer Theme Community and we will reach out to you.
- If you have a preferred roommate, both you and your roommate must select the Transfer Theme Community option in order to be considered for assignment together.
NOTE: You must have a Housing & Residential Life housing application on file to be considered for this community.
Participating in Transfer Theme Community
Transfer Theme Community is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: