Who can apply to live in La Aldea?
Visiting scholars who meet the following criteria:
- You have already attained a baccalaureate degree
- You are being hosted by a UA department for at least one full calendar month
- You will be travelling alone (we cannot accommodate partners, pets, or children)
How do I apply to live in La Aldea?
- Send an email to email@example.com to contact the La Aldea Office Manager for availability.
- Include your requested dates in the email
- Visiting Scholar reservations can be made no earlier than 1-2 month(s) in advance of your arrival
- The Office Manager will send you the necessary application documents
- Return documents to the Residence Life office via
- Mail: 501 N. Highland Ave. Tucson, AZ 85721,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Fax: (520) 621-8533
- A representative of your host department MUST assist you in completing and submitting this paperwork--we cannot make a housing contract with any Visiting Scholar separate from their UA host department.
When do I pay rent?
When you arrive at La Aldea, we will ask you to pay the following:
- $50 non-refundable housing application fee
- Full rent for the entirety of your stay in La Aldea, or monthly payment plan (if approved by Residence Life)
- NOTES on rent payment:
- You do not need to pay any rent or fees when you get your La Aldea assignment. You need to pay all rent and fees upon your arrival. If you arrive to La Aldea outside of office hours, you will be given a temporary access card.
- Your host department may pay your rent balance for you before you arrive via Interdepartmental Billing (IDB).
- If your host department pays your rent, the host department may be required to pay income tax on your behalf. Please contact your host department for more information.