At the University of Arizona we keep you connected. Included free in La Aldea you will find:

  • Wi-Fi
  • One active Ethernet port per bed in each room
  • Local telephone service to each room (does not include phone)
  • Extended basic cable in each room and in the community TV room


This section will provide you information on how to connect your electronic devices while living in the dorms. Below are more details on how to configure your Internet connection, how to set up your TV, phone or video games. You might also want to read the Acceptable Use Policy.

Also, make sure to check out the UA BookStores technology center for new equipment, computer repair and trade-in information. The Computer Service Center also offers a FREE diagnostic!

Wired Connection

All network devices must be registered with the University in order to obtain access to the network. Users are required to provide their computer’s MAC address when registering. How to find your MAC Address:


  1. Hold down the Windows key and press R
  2. Type cmd, press Enter key. A black box should appear
  3. Type ipconfig /all
  4. Write down the value on the “Physical Address” line listed under the heading “Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection"


  1. Click on the Apple in the upper right corner, then choose System Preferences
  2. Click on Network
  3. Choose Ethernet, then choose Advanced
  4. Select the Hardwire tab
  5. Write down the value listed as “MAC Address”

How to register your MAC address:

  1. Navigate to this web address in your web browser
  2. Click on “please log in first” and enter your NetID and password
  3. Fill out the form including Name and MAC address
  4. Click “send it”

Once you have submitted your MAC Address, it generally takes up to 90 minutes to process. If your computer is unable to connect to the network after 90 minutes, please contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-8324.

Wireless Connection

Questions on the University Wi-Fi network should be directed to the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-8324. <Questions on the University Wi-Fi network should be directed to the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-8324.

For security reasons, UITS has disabled peer-to-peer (P2P) networking on the wireless network. This is a global setting and cannot be set on a network-to-network basis meaning it affects both UAWifi and UAGuest. As such, you will be unable to perform activities such as hosting lobbies in games that rely on peer-to-peer connectivity or streaming information between two devices over the network such as streaming music from a smartphone to a digital assistant like Alexa; however, streaming from cloud services such as Amazon Music or YouTube should still function as normal.

Cable Television Service

Housing & Residential Life offers free High Definition "expanded basic" cable TV services to all on-campus residence halls. You will need a TV with a clear QAM tuner to receive the high definition service in the residence halls. We have compiled the following information about television compatibility, and provide this list an informal reference for newer devices. This information is compiled from staff and student reports, and is not intended to be complete. You should verify the specifications when you make a purchase.


  • Dynex - Only limited models have a QAM tuner. 
  • Element - Do not appear to have a QAM tuner. 
  • Insignia - Only limited models have a QAM tuner. 
  • LG - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner. 
  • RCA - Do not appear to have a QAM tuner. 
  • Samsung - All models since 2009 have a QAM tuner (fifth digit of model number must be B or higher). 
  • Sony - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner. 
  • Sylvania - Do not appear to have QAM tuners. 
  • Toshiba - Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner. 
  • Visio - Recent models have a QAM tuner. 
  • Westinghouse - Some models require QAM tuner activation.

When in your dorm, if your TV only displays channel 25, then it likely does not have a clear QAM tuner.

If you have a TV without clear QAM, you will need to purchase a digital to analog converter box capable of receiving clear QAM such as this one

If you are not able to get any channels on your TV, please go to this website for some basic solutions.

You can upgrade your cable TV package for a fee. Information about additional programming packages, including premium channels, can be found here.

Telephone Service

The University provides local telephone service in each room. Telephones, voicemail, and long distance are not provided. You will need to bring your own phone. Requests for assistance with in room telephone service should be directed to the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-8324.

Video Game Consoles

You may use game consoles in the dorms, but please remember that the University of Arizona’s network is provided for academic purposes. Connections to game servers can be made from your console to the internet but no server may be hosted on the Housing & Residential Life network. You must register the MAC address of your console before connecting it to the wired network. Instruction on how to find the MAC address of a game console can be found here. Once you have found the MAC address, the registration process is the same one used to connect a computer to the wired network (see Wired Connections above). Click here for more information. For wireless connections, please vist UA's My Devices website here.  Nintendo Switch online services currently do not function on the UA network; UITS is working on a solution. 

Wireless Printers

Wireless printers do not work in the dorms. For a list of approved devices, click here.