The first official move-in day at La Aldea is August 1, 2019.
You must contact the La Aldea Office in advance to determine availability. We only grant early move-in requests based on availability and eligibility (you must have an academic purpose, verified in writing by your academic department). Please note that we cannot guarantee that your requested/assigned apartment will be ready before the first official move-in day.
You may check-in anytime during La Aldea’s regular office hours, Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (closed for lunch from 12-1 p.m.) and Saturday-Sunday: 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- If you arrive at La Aldea after 8 p.m., you may call the Graduate Resident Assistant (GRA) on duty to be let in to your apartment. GRA on Duty: (520) 307-2092
- You will be let into your apartment and bedroom for the night, but you will not be given keys or building access until you check in with the front office in the morning.
- Plan ahead: If you know you are coming late, make sure you have everything you need for the night with you when you call the GRA on Duty (i.e. toiletries, bedding, food, etc.).
Before you check-in to La Aldea, please make sure you have proper photo identification (CatCard, Passport, Driver’s License, etc.).
- You will come directly to the front office and show your photo ID to the staff member.
- The staff member will issue your apartment key/s and you will sign for them.
- The staff member will activate your CatCard for entrance into the building gates.
- If you do not have your CatCard when you check-in, you will be issued a temporary access card to use in the gates until you have your CatCard.
- You will be given an Apartment Condition Report. It is very important that you fill out this document immediately upon arriving to your apartment for the first time, and that you are very detailed in your description of each item in your apartment. This will help you to avoid charges later for items that were already damaged or dirty upon your arrival.
- When you return your completed Apartment Condition Report to the front office, you will be given your mailbox key.
- When you arrive at La Aldea, the best place to park is Tyndall Garage (located right next to the building; 880 E. 4th St. Tucson, AZ 85721). Do not start unloading yet.
- Once you have parked, go directly to the front office and check-in. Go to your apartment and complete your Apartment Condition Report (it will be easier to do before all of your stuff is there).
- When you are ready to unload, you may either do so from the Tyndall Garage, or you may move your car to a specially marked unloading zone.
If you will be bringing a large moving vehicle to campus, you MUST contact Parking and Transportation Services for permission to park it on the street (since it will be too large for the garage). You will likely be asked for plate numbers on the vehicle you will be bringing. Call PTS at 520-626-PARK (7275).
You may mail a limited amount of items to La Aldea before you arrive. We will accept mail for incoming residents beginning on August 1. Please do not mail anything before that date, as we cannot guarantee that it will be accepted. Our mailroom has limited space. While you can have any number of things shipped here while you are living here (and can pick them up in a timely fashion), it is best not to ship a large number of boxes more than a few days in advance of your arrival.
When you mail items to yourself, use this address:
Your Legal First Name & Last Name
825 E. 5th St.
No. You will need your own bedding, toiletries, linens, and cookware/utensils. If you want to watch television, you will need to also have your own TV and a coaxial cable to connect to our cable network. You may also want to purchase a desk, as these are not provided by La Aldea.
There are a few things you can do to make sure you have the most efficient move-in experience:
- Get your CatCard before checking in if at all possible. This will eliminate an extra step for you later. The CatCard office is located in the Main Student Union, and is open from 8 a.m.- 5p.m. weekdays.
- Avoid moving in on undergraduate Move-In Days if at all possible, especially if you are driving. Traffic will be much heavier, parking will be more difficult, and navigating around campus will be more chaotic in general. The days you should avoid are:
- Saturday, August 11
- Wednesday, August 15-Saturday, August 18