Cambium: A STEM Scholars Community
Cambium: STEM Scholars Theme Community provides science and engineering students admitted to the Honors College an opportunity to live in a research-enriched learning environment. Members of this community benefit from a small cohort of peers and faculty who are engaged in scientific inquiry at a Research 1 institution; with support from UA community partners: the Honors College, College of Engineering, and the College of Science.
Benefits of the Cambium Theme Community
STEM Scholars will focus on building foundations of leadership and scholarship through the following:
- Participate in ENGR 196A, a Cambium community exclusive course
- Interact with Faculty Mentors
- Participate in fall and spring research seminar series where students will be involved in publishing undergraduate research through the Honors first-year project
- Located in Honors Village
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in MyUAHome.
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Be admitted to the Honors College AND either the College of Engineering or the College of Science
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
- Complete the application and submit your resume and letter of interest here.
- You will be notified if your application is accepted.
If you are in the College of Engineering but not in the Honors College, check out the Engineering Leadership Community.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community. For more information about living in this community, email email@example.com
Students accepted into the Cambium Theme Community will be required to register for common courses.
Participating in Cambium Theme Community
The Cambium Theme Community is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: