Cambium: A STEM Scholars Community
Cambium: STEM Scholars Community provides science and engineering students admitted to the Honors College an opportunity to live in a research-enriched learning environment. Members of this community benefit from a small cohort of peers and faculty who are engaged in scientific inquiry at a Research 1 institution; with support from UA community partners: the Honors College, College of Engineering, and the College of Science.
Benefits of Cambium
STEM Scholars will focus on building foundations of leadership and scholarship through the following:
A cohort of peers who attend classes together
College-sponsored field trips and activities/events
Guidance from faculty members and academic advisors
Networking opportunities with STEM faculty, alumni, and professionals
Exploration of STEM majors and professions
ENGR 196A: Covers resources on research and first year preparation. This course will substitute your spring Honors seminar
Located in Honors Village
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in My UAHome
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Be admitted to the Honors College AND either the College of Engineering or the College of Science
- The community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
- You will be notified if your application is accepted.
If you are in the College of Engineering but not in the Honors College, check out the Engineering Leadership Community.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community. For more information about living in this community, email email@example.com
Students accepted into the Cambium Community will be required to register for common courses.
To be considered for admission into the Cambium: STEM Scholars Community, you must meet the following-criteria:
- Must be an incoming first-year student by enrollment year (not credits).
- Admitted to the Honors College and either the College of Engineering, College of Science or College of Medicine.
- Submit a completed application, including all supplemental questions.
Participating in Cambium
The Cambium Community is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community.
For more program information, contact:
Engineering Honors and Residential Programs Coordinator