Cambium: A STEM Scholar Community
Cambium: A STEM Scholar Community will allow students in the Honors College who are majoring in science or engineering to live in a research-enriched environment in Árbol de la Vida Residence Hall. Members of this community will benefit from a small cohort of peers and faculty who are engaged in scientific inquiry at a Research 1 institution; with support from community partners: the Honors College, College of Engineering, and the College of Science.
Benefits of the Cambium Community
STEM Scholars will focus on building foundations of leadership and scholarship through the following:
- Participate in a Cambium community exclusive course, ENGR 196A
- Interact with Faculty Mentors
- Participate in research lab tour rotations
- Participate in fall and spring research seminar series
- Creating Technical Presentations/Posters
- Publishing Undergraduate Research
- Team Science: Promoting Collaboration & Communications in the Lab
- Research Experiences Beyond the UA
Timeline for the Year
- Join a research lab or project team
- Weekly lab meetings
- Weekly lab meetings (continued)
- Apply to Honors First Year Project
- Create a research poster
- Present at First Year Project showcase
How to Apply
- Submit an online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Be admitted to the Honors College AND either the College of Engineering or the College of Science
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
- Complete the application and submit your resume and letter of interest here.
- You will be notified if your application is accepted.
If you are in the College of Engineering but not in the Honors College, check out the Engineering Leadership Community.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community. For more information about living in this community, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more program information, contact: