Participate in the Room Swap program in My UAHome. You list your room and your preferences of where you would like to live to see if there is anyone who wants to ‘swap’ with you. Submitting a request doesn't guarantee anyone will be willing to swap with you. Here are some important things to know about room swap requests:
- Submitting a swap request does not guarantee that another student will be willing to swap with you.
- All swaps must be approved by both students involved.
- Accepted swap requests are subject to Residence Life approval. While we will do our best to accommodate as many accepted swaps as possible, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. Examples of swap requests that will generally be denied include, but are not limited to:
- We will not swap someone who identified themselves on their housing application as a smoker into a room with someone who objects to a roommate who smokes.
- We will not swap someone into a Living-Learning Community (LLC) who has not been approved for that community by the sponsoring program/college.
- We will generally not swap a non-honors student into an honors residence hall.
- We strongly encourage you to let your current roommate(s) know that you are submitting a request to swap out of your room.
- Rent rates vary by residence hall and room type. If your swap is approved, you will be charged the rent associated with the hall and room type into which you switch. Please review our rent rates prior to requesting or accepting a swap to ensure that you are okay with the rates of the hall(s) into which you want to swap.
- We do not condone the auctioning or selling of rooms and will not swap students who participate in such activities.