The University has announced an on-ramp approach for in-person instruction on campus. On-campus housing will be available to offer students the experience of living on campus and will be open for the entire 2020-21 fall semester, from August 14 through December 18.
With the on-ramp approach, students have a choice with their on-campus housing:
1. LIVING ON CAMPUS THE FULL ACADEMIC YEAR – Students would move-in on their selected move-in date August 14-22. The student will be responsible for the full academic year rent and any refunds will be addressed in accordance with the license agreement and housing policies.
2. KEEP ROOM ASSIGNMENT, ARRIVE LATER IN SEMESTER – Students who want to keep their room assignment for the academic year but would like to move-in later in the semester are allowed to. The student would notify Housing of this choice and will be responsible for the full academic year rent. Any refunds will be addressed in accordance with the license agreement and housing policies.
3. CANCEL HOUSING APPLICATION – Students may cancel their housing application and reinstate it at any time during the academic year.
- If the student cancels before they move in, they will not be responsible for the remainder of the academic year rent.
- The student’s application fee and rent down payment are non-refundable but will not have to be paid again if they reinstate their housing application.
- Students who cancel will lose their current room assignment.
- If the student decides to reinstate their housing application they will select their preference of dorms and Housing will assign them to a room, based on availability.
- A students who reinstates their application will have their rent pro-rated from the day they tell Housing they will move-in through December 18.
Note: Students who wish to defer their start date through Admissions will follow the process outlined by Admissions: admissions.arizona.edu/faqs/deferment-policy