What is Battle of the Utilities? Residents living on campus compete to see who can reduce energy and water consumption the most. Battle against the other halls in your district to win fame, glory, and CatCa$h! Make a pledge to reduce your utility usage to win**!
When is Battle of the Utilities? October 25 - November 24
How to Win: Be the hall in your district to reduce your water and electric usage the most.
What You Win: The hall in each district to reduce their utilities the most will win:
- 1-$100 CatCa$h* incentive will be raffled off to any student who participated and signed the pledge
- 2-$50 CatCa$h* incentives will be raffled off to any students who participated and signed the pledge
*CatCa$h will be awarded in the spring 2017 semester
10 Tips to Win:
- Use natural light during the day
- Shorten showers
- Use fans instead of cranking your AC
- Turn off lights and unplug all devices when you leave your room
- Use LED lights instead of incandescent bulbs
- When washing your hands, turn off the water while you lather
- Unplug your phone or laptop as soon as it is fully charged. It will save electricity - and your battery life!
- Don’t use the toilet as a garbage can. You waste about 2 gallons of water per flush!
- Wash only full loads of laundry in cold water (colors setting).
- If you see a leak or drip, report it to maintenance.
**You do not need to sign the pledge to participate in the challenge but your name will not be put into the running for the CatCa$h prizes.
Join the Battle of the Utilities and learn how to lower your future apartment or home utility bills!