Last year we conducted a survey to get a better understanding of what students living in Maricopa Hall liked and disliked about the hall. We found that while most students loved the hall and the community itself, they did not like the sleeping porches and would prefer a traditional student room.
We are happy to announce that extensive renovations are taking place this summer, to include:
- eliminating sleeping porches
- converting all existing student rooms, so students can now sleep in their rooms
- New furniture in all student rooms, featuring a Loft system (similar to this one; all furniture will fit under the bed)
- New Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring in student rooms (removing carpet)
- New light fixture in student rooms with occupancy sensor and USB outlet
- New carpet tile flooring in second and third floor lounges
- New Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring in the lobby (replacing ceramic tile)
- New furniture in the second and third floor lounges
- New Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring in the dining area (removing carpet)
We'll share photos of these exiciting updates once all of the renovations have been completed.