The following information was shared Thursday, January 28 with current on-campus residents. Please refer to the University's main Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page regularly for important campus information.
Dear Campus Housing Resident,
Based on current community transmission, University leadership has directed all dorm and La Aldea residents to test now using rapid antigen nasal swab tests.
Starting Monday, February 1, you must get tested at the Student Union Memorial Center, South Ballroom, 3rd floor. Appointments are currently available M-F, 7:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. The South Ballroom is a new rapid antigen test site for Campus Housing Residents only. Antigen tests will not be available at other testing sites.
Rapid response is an important part of this mitigation strategy. Antigen test results are typically available within two hours. This shift to antigen testing allows you to have results sooner, and for action to be taken quickly to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here's what you MUST do:
- Schedule your weekly antigen tests as soon as possible
- Select “Campus Housing Resident Testing at Student Union South Ballroom, 3rd Floor”
- There should be at least 48 hours between your tests, so if you test on a Thursday or Friday, you should plan to get tested again Monday
With this change, you will no longer be required to participate in Saline Gargle testing. All Saline Gargle appointments previously scheduled for the duration of this week remain mandatory. Saline Gargle appointments scheduled for Feb. 1 and after will be cancelled; we apologize for any inconvenience.
- If you have recently tested positive or have a texting exemption, you may ignore this message. If you tested positive at an off-campus location, upload your positive result to Campus Health in order to receive a 90 day testing exemption.
- If you would like to request an accommodation, click here.
- If you are not currently staying on campus, you may disregard this message however please note that you must get tested and await the results before returning to your on-campus housing again.
- If you participate in other weekly campus testing (athletes, dancers, ROTC) you are excused from this testing.
Questions? UA Testing Call Center:
520-848-4030 | UACOVID-19Testing@arizona.edu
Testing requirements and process may be adjusted as we continue to monitor wastewater data and other public health metrics. We appreciate your continued efforts to protect our campus community and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Bear Down, Mask Up!
Test All Test Smart Team