Pre-Professional Academic Communities of Excellence (PACE)
The Pre-Professional Academic Communities of Excellence (PACE) offer an amazing opportunity to live, learn, and socialize with your Pre-Professional peers in a UA dorm. PACE theme communities feature a creative and high-energy environment with access to Peer Academic Leaders, Academic Advisors, student-faculty interaction, and professional development opportunities. All Eller Pre-Professional first year students are encouraged to apply to be part of these housing communities.
PACE theme communities will be located in Colonia de La Paz, Coronado, and Manzanita-Mohave dorms. All of the PACE theme communities provide social learning communities in which Eller Pre-Professional students can work together to be academically successful, and some communities offer additional leadership development.
- Colonia de la Paz is the most comprehensive, interactive community for Eller Emerging Leaders as the inaugural Pre-Professional theme community. Colonia de la Paz is at the heart of the Highland residential district, a vibrant area of campus, and is able to accommodate 70 Pre-Professional students. In this community, students will be engaged in more structured leadership development opportunities and enroll in a (1-unit) leadership class together (in the fall semester) as a part of this community experience.
- Top floor wings in Coronado and Manzanita-Mohave provide ideal locations for Pre-Professional students to interact, study, and begin their Eller Experience. These 'penthouse' PACE theme communities will provide you with the opportunity to live in an engaged Pre-Professional community and develop study groups for common classes.
Space is limited, so prospective students are encouraged to apply early to be a part of one of these theme communities.
Benefits of the PACE Communities
- Connect with Eller College of Management faculty, alumni, and professionals through social and professional programs held throughout the year
- Receive mentoring and support for your transition to college life from peers and Resident Assistants who are upper-division Eller students
- Interact with an advisor focused on supporting your academic and leadership development
- Build your resume and engage in networking opportunities to help make you a standout student
How to Apply
- Submit an online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The PACE theme communities application process can be found on Eller's website. Click here to get started.
- Applications will first be reviewed in January, and will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the spring semseter until spaces are full.
- You will be notified by email of your acceptance or placment on the waitlist.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered for this community. For more information about living in this community, please contact Eller:
For more program information, contact: