The returning/current student housing application for 2024-25 will open January 15, 2024. More information will be available on this webpage soon.
Deciding where to live after your first year at Arizona can be a big deal. Whether you're looking for academic support, amenities, convenience, value, or just want your own space, we have options for 2nd Year+ and Transfer Wildcats - including single rooms and rooms with full-size beds. We're excited to offer great housing options for 2nd year & above students in 2024-25:
The following are housing options for upper-division students (however students can choose to live in any dorm). Space is limited; access to these housing options is based on availability and is subject to change.
Our smallest dorm is even cozier with single rooms featuring full-sized (double) beds in the Highland District, reserved just for returning students. Hopi is great for those looking to live within a strong, smaller community.
The Honors Village continues to enhance the honors experience on campus. Honors Wildcats can return to live in an Honors Village apartment or a single-suite (based on availability). See the "Honors Room Selection Process & Timeline" section below.
Located in the heart of campus, Pima's Lodge building is an ideal dorm for returning Wildcats! Pima Lodge offers suite-style dorms (some single rooms offer full-sized beds). There’s even a kitchen that's just for returning residents. Pima consists of two physical buildings, Pima Lodge and Pima House. Note: Rooms in Pima House are reserved for a Living Learning Community, so the only rooms you will see in Room Selection will be the rooms in Pima Lodge.
Why is my current room not available to me?
- If you currently live in a living learning community, you will not have the option to return to your current room in the housing application. Applications for living learning communities are a part of the housing application. If you are interested in living in a specific community next year, you are welcome to apply inside your housing application. If you are accepted, we will assign/reassign you to a room in the community.
- If you are living in rooms that will be part of new or expanded living learning communities next fall, you will not have the option to return to your current room in the housing application.
- If you currently live in a room adapted for students with disabilities, you may not have the option to return to your current room since we need to hold the room for new students who may need those accommodations.
Late Cancellation Fees
Schedule and cancellation penalty amounts will be outlined here soon.
- Option 1 – Requesting a Roommate
Our housing system requires that you select your roommate BEFORE you choose your room. So if you want to make sure you have the roommate you want, you will need to use the Roommate Search/Request tools in your housing application to identify and/or request your roommate. You must complete and/or accept a roommate request before you select your room. When you select your room, the first roommate in the process will pull the other roommate into the selected room. Once you have selected a room, you will no longer have access to the Roommate Search/Request tools. If you have already chosen a room but still want to request a roommate, you will have to give up your room assignment in order to do so.
- Option 2 – Room Selection Without a Roommate Request
Another option for you and your roommate is to individually choose spaces in the same room. You cannot however, do it at the same time. When one roommate selects a room from which to choose a bed space, the entire room/suite will be ‘locked’ until that student chooses their bed space and/or the 10-minute hold period expires. Once one of you has chosen and selected a bed space choice, the other student can then select the room and choose the other available bed space.
If you choose a bed space and a bed space in the room is still vacant after August 1, your assignment is subject to consolidation into a different room of the same type and in the same dorm (with other returning students), prior to room selection opening to new students.
Honors students who apply for housing will be given a lottery timeslot for Room Selection that is randomly generated by the housing application system. This will give all honors students a fair opportunity to select a room in the Honors Village dorm (based on availability).
- Honors students will be able to choose Honors Village apartments or single-suites
- Honors students can pick a dorm room in the Honors Village after July 1, if available
- Honors Village residents will not be able to ‘pull in’ a non-honors roommate with them into the Honors Village
- Non-honors students currently living in the Honors Village will not be eligible to return to the Honors Village next year
Room Selection schedule for 2nd Year+ Honors College students wanting to live in the Honors Village next year will be outlined here soon.
Application process information, deadline dates, and offerings are subject to change at the discretion of Housing & Residential Life. Housing & Residential Life reserves the right to backfill rooms in any community.