RECYCLING IN THE DORMS
Get Ready to Recycle!
Recycling is a little different everywhere, so it’s important to learn how we recycle here at UArizona.
Always recycle these materials in your dorm's mixed recycling containers:
- Paperboard (like a cereal box)
- Clean and dry cans
- Clean and dry plastic bottles
- ***All corrugated cardboard should be flattened and put in the specially marked outdoor cages***
Items not accepted in dorm recycling include:
- Food and liquids
- Bagged recycling (keep all recycling loose)
- Plastic bags (grocery, cereal, bread, etc.)
- Soft plastics
- Mail packaging
- Chip bags
- Napkins, tissues, and paper towels
- Mixed material items (like lined cartons or plastic-topped metal air fresheners)
- Pizza boxes
"Hey Wildcats, Did You Know?"
The Housing & Residential Life Eco-Reps share what's recyclable (and what's not) on campus!
Sort That Recycling!
How well do you know the recycling rules in the UArizona dorms? Test your campus recycling knowledge when you play our interactive game.