To help make your transition to college life as smooth as possible, please read this page carefully for information about Spring 2021 Move-In and COVID-19 testing.
Spring 2021 Move-In & COVID-19 Testing
We are excited to welcome you to campus housing at the University of Arizona! The below information contains everything you need to know about Spring 2021 Move-In and COVID-19 testing.
PREPARING FOR MOVE-IN
Information about Move-In – including unloading zone maps by dorm, a shopping checklist and more – can be found here on our Move-In website. There’s also an extensive checklist of “What to Bring” items as well as a supplementary “Personal Responsibility” checklist for additional items to consider bringing with you due to COVID-19.
Students living in a suite, pod, or room with a private restroom are responsible for cleaning their own restroom and will be required to provide their own toilet paper and cleaning supplies. A list of suggested items to bring can be found online; Honors Village residents have a specific checklist for bathrooms and kitchens that can be found here.
The University cannot and will not consider any request for room/roommate change when that request is based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, perceived socio-economic status, or perceptions based on online profiles or information found on these profiles.
Your room assignment will be available in your housing application in My UAHome. Even if you have already viewed your room assignment, please re-check it before you arrive. Click on Undergraduate Housing Applications in the portal menu. Roommate information is available on your Application Status page. You can send a message to your roommate(s) from that page.
If no roommate information is displaying on your Application Status page in My UAHome:
- you have not yet been assigned a roommate; or
- the student originally assigned as your roommate has cancelled their housing*
*Your roommate could change between now and your arrival if your current roommate cancels their housing. In a situation like this, another student will be assigned to your room, and their information will then appear on your Application Status page. No additional notice will be sent to you.
Payment Plans & Rent
Spring semester rent charges have been posted to your University Bursar’s account. You still have time to enroll in an optional rent payment plan in My UAHome.
If your financial aid covers some or all housing costs, and your rent has not been posted at the time financial aid is applied to your account, you may receive a financial aid distribution check. You will still need to pay your rent and should use this check to pay it. Payment is due by the first day of classes, January 13, 2021. You can review your account and make payments in UAccess by logging into your Student Center.
MOVE-IN: THE BIG DAY!
All students living on campus in the spring must take a UA diagnostic test when returning for the semester.
The University will conduct a COVID-19 test of all campus housing residents when you get to campus, before you move-in at your dorm.
If you have specific medical concerns or questions about the testing, contact the Testing Center directly at UACOVID-19Testing@arizona.edu, 1-833-345-0246 or 520-848-4030. If you have a testing exemption, it must be approved by Campus Health before you check in at your dorm. In order to exempt yourself from further COVID-19 testing requirements, Campus Health and Test All Test Smart will need you to upload your test results to their secure, HIPAA compliant system at https://health.arizona.edu/uploading-your-campus-covid-19-test-result.
When You Arrive On Campus
Get your test and await the result before you go to your dorm. You will not have access to the building or your room. The test results should take less than two hours.
IF YOUR TEST RESULT IS NEGATIVE, you will be permitted to Move-In at your assigned dorm.
- Please review your dorm-specific Move-In map.
- Unload your belongings in front of the dorm and pick up your key at the front desk. Unloading assistance is not available.
- We will have large rolling cardboard bins and hand trucks (dollies) available at each dorm to assist you should you wish to use them.
- Due to current COVID-19 policies, no family members or guests will be permitted in the building.
- Per local and University guidelines, all individuals will be required to wear a face covering while on campus.
- Once your car is unloaded, move your car to a designated parking garage or lot and finish getting settled in your new Arizona home!
IF YOU HAVE A POSITIVE TEST RESULT, you will receive a call from Campus Health with more information and guidance. If you are local or have the ability to go home, we encourage you to do so for the duration of your isolation period.
- If going home is not an option, positive testing students will be moved to an isolation dorm.
- All students isolating on campus will have access to a virtual healthcare provider.
- The Resident Assistant (RA) from your assigned dorm will remain your RA and will provide virtual support to you throughout your stay in the isolation dorm.
- You will be connected to the Student Unions meal delivery service, which allows you to order meals online to be delivered to your room in the isolation dorm (three meals delivered once per day).
- You must be released by your UA healthcare provider before being allowed to move back to your permanent dorm assignment.
- Your spring semester dorm room assignment will be held for you and Housing will help you move once you are through with isolation.
- You may be subject to additional testing during this time.
Late Arrivals/Missed Testing Appointment
Please make sure to sign-up for a test the same day you wish to Move-In to your dorm. Testing for campus housing residents will be offered in the Student Union South Ballroom, 3rd floor. If you arrive when you've not been able to receive a COVID-19 test that same day, you will need to plan to stay at a hotel for the night. If you are unable to stay at a hotel, you may visit your dorm’s front desk or call our on-call staff 520-591-8543 when you are on campus for further instructions about possible on-campus accommodations.
Spring 2021 On-Going Testing Requirements
The University will require all on-campus residents to participate in COVID-19 testing each week. Read more here.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
Due to the potential of moving into an isolation space on campus if you receive a positive test result, we suggest you bring a bag packed with approximately 14 days’ worth of clothing, toiletries, and any other necessities you may need during this time.
There will be no Housing rent changes or refunds for Move-In delay or isolation due to COVID-19 and no additional rent change while staying in the isolation dorm.
If you no longer plan to live in campus housing, please click on the ‘Cancel Housing Application’ link in My UAHome and follow the prompts to cancel your Undergrad Spring-Only 2021 housing application.
If you have any questions, please visit our COVID-19 FAQ webpage or contact us at (520) 621-6501 or email@example.com. Our phones are open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m., Arizona time. We look forward to welcoming you to your new Arizona home. Bear Down & Have a Great Move-In!