- Each resident may have up to 2 helpers, for 2 hours.
*Housing staff is unable to provide move-out/loading assistance.
- Review important information about closure.
- Complete the Check-Out To-Do List before you check-out.
- Check your CatMail for updates from your Community Director and RA about what times they can check you out of your room.
- Check out of your room! This includes:
- Completely removing all personal items from your room
- Disposing of all trash in dumpsters located near your dorm
- Meeting with your RA
- Turning in your room key and mail key at the front desk of your dorm
MOVE-OUT SHIPPING & STORAGE
USS Summer Storage Guidelines
- Student needs to pack items in boxes prior to their USS pick-up date.
- Students can purchase boxes at the time of their order with USS, and the boxes will be dropped off at the dorm as a package for them to pick up from their front desk.
- If the student has a reason that they cannot purchase boxes, they can request 5 boxes through their CD, and the CD can determine if they approve or deny the request.
- Students can place their order through USS website: https://www.uandss.com/services/ua/
- When placing the order, students will select from the available pick-up dates, with the last pick-up date being 5/14, by 12PM
- Boxes must be picked up prior to student checking out and leaving the dorm.
- If a student leaves campus prior to their boxes being picked up, these items will be considered abandoned property.
- After removing ALL items from your unit, fully defrost it and leave the unit in your room. Follow these procedures.
- Units will need to be left INSIDE of the rooms.
- If the unit is not cleaned, there may be a cleaning fee.
- USS will be picking up units AFTER the University closes; there is no need to schedule a pick up date.
WATER COOLER RENTALS
- View the equipment pick up schedule for your dorm.
MAIL & PACKAGES
Visit UAccess to update your address so your mail and packages get delievered where you want them. Don't forget to update your address on file elsewhere (e.g. Amazon). We cannot forward mail or packages.
If you are staying on campus this summer for summer school, be sure to update your address to your Summer Session dorm.
Take your bike home with you! Parking & Transportation will remove all unclaimed bikes over the summer.
PARKING & LOADING INFORMATION
- Observe all signage and park in legal spaces only.
- Parking & Transportation Services and Housing & Residential Life will not be responsible if you leave items unattended.