Housed in Graham-Greenlee Hall, the Health Sciences theme community (HSTC) is available to students whose area of academic interest is in health professions such as pre-med, pre-nursing, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinarian and physiology. The HSTC aims to prepare students holistically for entry into their chosen Health discipline.
The HSTC connects students who are passionate about health sciences. Participants will have the opportunity to attend a wide variety of pre-health related events such as private tours, specialized workshops, info sessions, tutoring and group study sessions in science, math, and writing.
Special emphasis is put on student/faculty interaction and is accomplished by having faculty come to the living community and interact with students in social and academic activities outside of the classroom. The Health Sciences theme community is a joint venture with Housing, the College of Nursing, and the College of Public Health.
Benefits of the Health Sciences Community
- Receive guidance from faculty members and industry mentors
- Interact with your Faculty Fellow
- Have access to specialized programming focusing on career development within Health Professions
- Build your resume and engage in networking opportunities to help make you a standout student
How to Apply
- Submit the online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis, so commit early!
For more program information, contact: