The Health Sciences Theme Community (HSTC) is available to students whose area of academic interest is in health professions such as pre-med, pre-nursing, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinarian and physiology. The HSTC aims to prepare students holistically for entry into their chosen Health discipline.
HSTC members will have the opportunity to connect with fellow students who are passionate about health sciences. Special emphasis is put on student/faculty interaction and is accomplished by having faculty come to the living community and interact with students in social and academic activities outside of the classroom. The Health Sciences Theme Community is a joint venture with Housing, the College of Nursing, and the College of Public Health.
Benefits of the Health Sciences Community
- Attend a wide variety of pre-health related events such as private tours, specialized workshops, info sessions, tutoring and group study sessions in science, math, and writing.
- Receive guidance from faculty members and industry mentors
- Interact with a Faculty Fellow
- Have access to specialized programming focusing on career development within Health Sciences
- Build your resume and engage in networking opportunities to help make you a standout student
- Form a community with students who share your academic goals and are driven to succeed
- Located in Pima House & Villa del Puente
How to Apply
- Submit a housing application in MyUAHome.
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis, so commit early!
To be considered for admission into the Health Sciences Theme Community, you must meet the following-criteria:
- Complete all fields on application.
- Indicate interest in Health Science field.
- Indicate willingness to participate in theme community events.
Participating in Health Sciences Theme Community
HSTC is an engaging living environment. In the community, students have access to unique resources and programs designed to support their transition to college. It’s expected that students living in the community take advantage of the array of academically enriching activities offered to members of the community – space is limited, so sign up quickly!
For more program information, contact: