2020-21 Academic Year Desk Assistant Recruitment Information
DA applications for the 2020-2021 Academic Year will be open from January 26 at 8:00AM AZT - February 2, 2020 11:59PM AZT.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Housing & Residential Life team. Below you will find important information regarding the position for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. Please read through it all before applying. Our eligibility and application information detail everything you need to know before applying.
University of Arizona Housing and Residential Life is dedicated to cultivating safe and educational residential communities that foster student success. We envision a world-class residential experience where all students invest in learning, contribute to community, and achieve personal success. As a part of the Residential Education staff, the front desk plays an intricate role in the success of every dorm. The desk staff manages many day-to-day functions that are crucial to the success of our communities. Being part of the Housing & Residential Life staff is a rewarding experience and a great opportunity for student leaders to take an active role in their university.
If you have any questions regarding the desk assistant application process and the information below does not address it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desk Assistant Eligibility
To be eligible for this position you have to meet all the following requirements. Failure to meet these requirements will mean immediate disqualification from the selection process:
1. You must be available for all residence hall openings and closings.
2. You must be able to attend Fall Desk Assistant Training beginning Early August and subsequently be available to continue work and training through Move-In, prior to the start of the academic year. No excusals will be granted for new staff during this period.
3. You are currently a University of Arizona undergraduate student.
4. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units each semester.
5. You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
6. You are able to pass the pre-employment screening and criminal background check required by this position. Any offer is contingent upon a favorable outcome of the background check. For more information on the background check, please refer to the University of Arizona Human Resources policy: Pre-Employment Screening Policy
7. Housing & Residential Life gives priority hiring status to applicants who are Work Study eligible.
Job Start Date: Monday, August 6, 2018
The student applicant will be held responsible for the accuracy and truthfulness of the information submitted on and/or related to this application.
The desk assistant application will ask the following:
1. Personal Information
2. Prior Work Experience & Involvement
You must list previous jobs you have held and a summary of job duties, skills learned, and opportunities.
3. Estimated availability
4. Essay Questions
5. Additional skills or knowledge