For 2023-2024 Housing
Start Out with Something in Common!
Want to live with students who share similar interests and goals? Join a Living Learning Community! Living Learning communities allow you to live with other students who share a similar personal or academic interest or passion. You will be able to access resources and opportunities focused around your area of interest. The connection between you, the other residents, and professional staff can create a dynamic living experience for developing lasting relationships and a network of support during your transition to college. To be eligible to live in a Living Learning community:
- Submit your housing application as soon as you are accepted to UArizona.
- Starting January 1, submit your Living Learning Community application (in your housing application). Space is limited.
- APIDA Scholars Community - Yavapai
- Building Leaders & Creating Knowledge (B.L.A.C.K.) Community - Pima
- Blue Chip Leadership Community - Pueblo de la Cienega
- Cambium: STEM Scholars Community - Honors Village
- Casa Ollin - Honors Village
- Eller PACE Communities - Coronado, Manzanita-Mohave, Villa del Puente
- Engineering Leadership Community - Yuma
- Marsha's Place (LGBTQ+2S) Community - Yavapai
- O'odham Ki: Community - Yavapai
- Outdoor Adventures Community - Graham-Greenlee
- The Arts District (TAD) Community - Manzanita-Mohave
- The College of Social & Behavioral Sciences (SBS) Community - Árbol de la Vida
- Transfer Community - Kaibab-Huachuca
Looking for other types of housing options, like Honors or ROTC? Learn about the various housing opportunities we offer here.
Yes, as long as the community application is still available to you in your housing application (opens in January). Just click on the Living Learning Community tab at the top of your application, choose the community you want to live in and complete the application. If you are accepted to the community, Housing Assignment Services will assign you to the community and you will be notified.
If you have been accepted to a community, you will be assigned a room by Housing. You will not participate in Room Selection.
Only students accepted to a community are permitted to live in that community. When you access the roommate request process, you will only be able to request another student as a roommate if that person has also been accepted to the same community. You have two options:
- The person you want as a roommate can, if eligible, apply for the community as well. If accepted, you would then be able to request that person as a roommate in the community.
- If the person you want as a roommate is not eligible for and/or not accepted to the community and you would rather live with that person instead of living in the community, you will need to cancel your community application.
Please contact Housing Assignment Services at (520) 621-6501 and they will help you.