We are excited to offer specific housing for returning students with various features key to returning students, however returning students are eligble to live in any dorm.
The Honors Village, opening fall 2019, will enhance the Honors Wildcat experience. Featuring dorm and apartment-style housing for more than 1,000 students, the complex will also host an integrated dining facility, recreation spaces, an interior courtyard, Campus Health Service Counseling & Psych Services (CAPS) satellite, Honors College offices, a Campus Recreation Center, honors classrooms, and more. For more information, please visit the UA Honors College website.
Pima Lodge - ALREADY FULL
Located in the center of campus Pima Lodge is the new dorm for returning students! Pima Lodge offers returning students suite-style dorms with some single rooms having full sized beds and a proposed lower rate. In addition to a new kitchen on the top floor of the building the current kitchen is being rennovated and refreshed.
Árbol de la Vida
Now open to all students, with it's own gym facilites and multiple study rooms, Árbol de la Vida is home to one of the new 2nd Year+ Communities! This community offers returning students both double and some single rooms that are directly next to the gym facilites in Árbol de la Vida and also have their own dedicated study rooms.
With campus views and twice as much space, the 8th floor of Coronado is now only single rooms with suite-style bathrooms.
Why is my current room not available to me?
- If you currently live in a Theme Community, you will not have the option to return to your current room in the housing application. Applications for Theme Communities are a part of the housing application. If you are interested in living in a Theme Community next year, you are welcome to apply inside your housing application. If you are accepted, we will assign/reassign you to a room in the community.
- If you are living in rooms that will be part of new or expanded Theme Communities next fall, you will not have the option to return to your current room in the housing application.
- If you currently live in a room adapted for students with disabilities, you will not have the option to return to your current room since we need to hold the room for new students who may need those accommodations.
- Student Profile/Roommate Tools available
- Return to your current room (if you are eligible to do so – see "Eligibility" above).
- If you do not choose to return to your current room by October 14, your current room may be selected by another student and therefore no longer available to you
- Returning Honors students can choose a room in the Honors Village ONLY
- You will be able to choose available rooms in any dorm, before the incoming freshman students get to choose
- If you are a current UA student not currently living in the dorms, you can participate in Room Selection
Late Cancellation Fees
Schedule and cancellation penalty amounts are as follows:
If you apply by April 1, payment of the Rent Down Payment (RDP) is due by May 1 to avoid cancellation of your housing application and assignment. Once paid, the RDP is not refundable.
If you apply after April 1, you must pay the RDP to be eligible for assignment. The RDP is only refundable if you cancel your housing application BEFORE you are assigned to a room.
If you have been assigned to a room and you cancel your housing May 16-June 30: you will be charged a $300 late cancellation fee.
If you have been assigned to a room and your housing application is cancelled on or after July 1: you will be charged a $600 late cancellation fee.
- Option 1 – Requesting a Roommate
Our housing system requires that you select your roommate BEFORE you choose your room. So if you want to make sure you have the roommate you want, you will need to use the Roommate Search/Request tools in your housing application to identify and/or request your roommate. You must complete and/or accept a roommate request before you select your room. When you select your room, the first roommate in the process will pull the other roommate into the selected room. Once you have selected a room, you will no longer have access to the Roommate Search/Request tools. If you have already chosen a room but still want to request a roommate, you will have to give up your room assignment in order to do so.
- Option 2 – Room Selection Without a Roommate Request
Another option for you and your roommate is to individually choose spaces in the same room. You can not however, do it at the same time. When one roommate selects a room from which to choose a bed space, the entire room/suite will be ‘locked’ until that student chooses their bed space and/or the 5-minute hold period expires. Once one of you has chosen and selected a bed space choice, the other student can then select the room and choose the other available bed space.
If you choose a bed space and a bed space in the room is still vacant after May 1, your assignment is subject to consolidation into a different room of the same type and in the same dorm (with other returning students), prior to room selection opening to new students in mid-May.